Use of personal data
Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide them to us yourself. Below you will find an overview of the personal data we process:
- Your name and address;
- Phone number;
- Billing address;
- E-mail address;
- Payment details;
- Labour type;
- Product request;
- Cargo size in tonnage;
- Possible details and other specifications
- Other personal data that you explicitly provide e.g., in correspondence and by phone;
For what purpose and on what basis do we process personal data?
Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Handling your payment
- Sending our newsletter and/or advertising leaflet
- Calling or emailing you if necessary to perform our services
- Informing you of changes to our services and products
- Allowing you to create an account
- To deliver goods and services to you
- Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as data we need for our tax return.
Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. does not store your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and processed. Various legal retention periods apply as a starting point in this respect.
Disclosure to other companies or institutions
Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. does not provide your personal data to other companies or institutions, except when necessary for the provision of the requested service or when required by law.
Sometimes Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. cooperates with other companies for the delivery of the service you purchased or requested, our partners. In such a case your personal data will be provided to these partners as far as this is necessary for the execution of the agreement between you and Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. Furthermore, Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. will provide your personal data to organisations or institutions when we are obliged to do so by law (e.g., in case the police demand this in case of a suspected crime). In no other case will Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. provide your personal data to other companies or institutions.
Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. uses only technical and functional cookies and analytical cookies that do not infringe on your privacy. and analytical cookies that do not infringe on your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone the first time you visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical functioning of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and, for example, remember your preferred settings. They also allow us to optimise our website. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser to no longer store cookies. You can also delete any information previously stored via your browser settings.
Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us. Eikelenboom EFT has taken the following measures to secure your personal data:
- Security software including a virus scanner and a firewall;
- The use of a TLS connection on our websites that protects all information between you and our website when you enter personal data (for the contact form, for example);
- Access to personal data is protected by a username and password;
- Timely installation of security updates on our servers and workstations;
Access, modify or delete your data
If you have any questions or want to know what personal data we hold about you, you can always contact us. Legally, you have the following rights:
- getting an explanation of what personal data we have and what we do with it;
- access to the exact personal data we have;
- having errors corrected;
- having (outdated) personal data deleted;
- withdrawal of consent;
- object to a particular use;
- transferring your data via computer file to you or another organisation named by you.
If you wish to invoke any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details on the page. To make sure that the request in question was made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document with the request. In this copy, black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip of numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks.
Filing a complaint
Eikelenboom European Food Transport B.V. would also like to point out that you have the possibility to submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA), if you feel that we are not helping you in the right way. You can do so via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
4612 PL Bergen op Zoom
+31 (0)164 250 150
+31 (0)164 233 193 (transport)
Chamber of Commerce number (KVK) Bergen op Zoom 20102929